Recommended Timing For Site Preparation And Plant Establishment
At this stage a minimum of three years of site preparation and plant establishment work has been implemented. Long term management tasks do not follow a set schedule, but are instead conducted as needed and where indicated through on-going monitoring.
- Ongoing monitoring of vegetation and wildlife to inform the adaptive management process (conducted throughout the year)
- Mow or hay on an annual or bi-annual basis to control woody vegetation (September/October)
- Conduct ecological burns on a 3-5 year rotation where feasible to control woody vegetation and reduce thatch (September/October)
- Where desired, over-seed following ecological burn to increase diversity
- Control invasive vegetation as need through mowing and spot herbicide application