2022 CPOP Conference
Oak and Prairie Conservation at a Crossroads: Setting a Path for Success
Fall 2022 (dates TBD) in Vancouver, WA
Day 1 | Field Trips
Days 2-4 | Concurrent Sessions
The Cascadia Prairie-Oak Partnership Conference brings together conservation practitioners from northern California to southwestern British Columbia to discuss the protection and restoration of the critically important prairie-oak ecosystem. The theme of our 2022 conference is ‘Oak and Prairie Conservation at a Crossroads: Setting a Path for Success’ and will explore novel ways that the conservation community is strategically restoring and preserving prairie-oak habitats.
- We have postponed the upcoming 2021 Conference to Fall 2022. We are sorry we won’t get to see you this fall, but look forward to a safe and productive conference in Fall 2022. Stay tuned for exact dates and more info.
- If you already registered, you will receive a full refund.
- If you reserved a room at the hotel through the conference room block, the hotel will be cancelling it (they may already have done so).
Meeting Room (Reservation Recommended)
The Ash Room will be available for groups up to 10-15 people to meet. Please email CPOP[at]cascadiaprairieoak.org to reserve a time slot for your group. If the room is not otherwise reserved, the room will be available for ad hoc meetings. Available hours are 8 am – 8 pm on Tuesday/Wednesday and 8 am to 5 pm on Thursday.
The Willow Room will be available for those needing a private space during the conference. Priority given to individuals nursing/pumping. A sign up sheet outside the room will allow individuals to reserve a time slot but it will otherwise be available on a first-come-first-served basis.
COVID-19 Policy (as of July 1, 2021)
We request that individuals attending the CPOP conference be fully vaccinated. Per CDC guidance, unvaccinated individuals should avoid indoor spaces that do not offer fresh air from the outdoors and stay at least 6 feet from other people. We do not feel this is feasible at the conference venue. If you are not vaccinated, we request you do not attend this year.
If you are experiencing symptoms or know you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please get tested for COVID-19 and refrain from attending the conference while waiting for results.
Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 should quarantine for 10-14 days after symptom onset, be free of a fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications, and show improvement of other symptoms. A full refund will be provided to anyone with proof of a positive test within 20 days prior to the start of the conference.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Conference registration canceled on or before October 8, 2021 is fully refundable (subject to a $35 administrative fee).
- Registrants cancelling on or after October 9, 2021 will not receive a refund. Registration fees may be transferred to another individual.
- Conference registration will be refunded if a registrant provides proof of a positive COVID-19 test up to 20 days prior to the conference.
- Written notice of cancellation must be provided (please email CPOP[at]cascadiaprairieoak.org).
- In the event that the conference is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, CPOP will refund the cost of registration. However, CPOP does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges, or expenses including charges made for travel and lodging.